Rat Inspection Services
Call us anytime, day or nightRequest a call back
Suffering from a blocked drain? Request a Call Back now and speak to one of our friendly advisers
Welcome to our specialised rat inspection services for rat infestations in drainage systems. We understand the challenges and concerns that these unwelcome visitors can bring to your property, and we are here to provide you with effective solutions. With our expertise and commitment to timely intervention, you can trust us to ensure the safety, hygiene, and integrity of your property.
Eradicate Rat Infestations with Rapid Drains
The Power of Our CCTV Drains Survey
Our CCTV Drain Survey is a cutting-edge solution designed to pinpoint the exact location and extent of rat infestations within your drainage system. This technology allows us to conduct non-invasive inspections, eliminating the need for disruptive excavation. Instead, a high-resolution camera is inserted into your drainage pipes, providing us with a real-time view of the interior.
Our skilled technicians navigate the camera through your drainage, inspecting every corner for signs of rat infestations. These may include the presence of rats, their nests, gnaw marks, or any other evidence of their activity. With this comprehensive inspection, we leave no stone unturned, ensuring that we identify all potential problem areas.
Read more about our CCTV Drain Surveys.
Our Top 5 Signs Your Drains May Have a Rat Infestation
Rat infestations in drainage systems can go unnoticed until they become a severe problem. To help you detect these unwelcome visitors early, here are the top five signs that your drains may have a rat infestation:
1. Unusual Noises:
• Rats are not quiet intruders. If you hear scratching, scurrying, or gnawing sounds in your walls or drains, it may indicate their presence.
• Rat droppings are a clear sign of infestation. These small, dark pellets can be found near drains, pipes, or entry points.
3. Damage to Pipes:
• Rats have strong teeth that can cause damage to pipes and plumbing. Look for gnaw marks or signs of wear and tear on your drainage system.
4. Foul Odors:
• Rats can leave behind a distinctive, unpleasant odour. If your drains emit foul or musky smells that don’t dissipate with regular cleaning, it’s a red flag. If you have smelly drains or bad odours emanating from your drains, there may be other issues that need resolving.
5. Unexplained Water Pooling:
• If water pools or drains slowly without an apparent blockage, it could be due to rats building nests or creating obstructions within the drainage system.
Our Inspection Process
- CCTV Drains Survey: We utilise specialist equipment to inspect your drainage system. This includes the use of cameras to access hard-to-reach areas within your pipes, allowing us to identify issues that may be contributing to the odours.
- Root Cause Identification: Our skilled technicians focus on identifying the root causes of the odour problems. Whether it’s a clog, grease buildup, damaged pipes, or other issues, we leave no stone unturned. This thorough approach ensures that we address the underlying problems and not just the symptoms.
- Customised Solutions: Once we’ve pinpointed the issues, we recommend the best solution for your specific situation. Our goal is to provide long-lasting results, so you can enjoy an odour-free environment for the long term.
The Solutions for Rat Infestations
Our advanced drain inspection cameras are your allies in identifying entry points. With the footage we capture, our skilled engineers will not only pinpoint the issue but also guide you through effective resolution methods, ensuring that the problem doesn’t resurface.
Once identified, our dedicated engineers will provide solutions to permanently prevent the infestations. By fixing any holes or gaps that rats infested, and fortifying them prevent future rodent infestations.
We will recommend a pest controller to remove the rats, however, it is vital to repair the entry points so repeat infestations do not occur.
Preventive Maintenance for Rat Infestations
Preventing future rat infestations is not just about addressing the problem at hand; it’s about ensuring long-term peace of mind for property owners. Here’s why preventive measures are crucial, along with some valuable tips and recommendations to safeguard your drains and properties from rat infestations:
Importance of Preventive Measures
Cost Savings: Preventive measures are often more cost-effective than dealing with infestations after they occur. They can help you avoid the expenses associated with rat removal, property damage repair, and health-related issues. Especially if you are selling /buying a new property a home buyers survey is vital to maximise your home’s value.
Health and Safety: Rat infestations pose significant health risks, from transmitting diseases to causing allergies. Preventive measures protect the well-being of your family, employees, or tenants.
Property Integrity: Rats can cause extensive damage to property infrastructure, including electrical wires, insulation, and plumbing. Prevention preserves your property’s integrity and value.
Rapid Drains’ Tips and Recommendations
- Regular Inspection: Schedule routine inspections of your property’s drainage system to identify vulnerabilities or entry points for rats. Early detection can prevent infestations.
- Seal Entry Points: Seal any gaps, holes, or cracks in your property’s exterior, especially around pipes, vents, and utility lines. Rats can squeeze through surprisingly small openings.
- Proper Waste Management: Dispose of waste properly and ensure that trash bins are tightly sealed. Rats are attracted to food sources, and accessible trash can be an invitation.
- Install Rat Guards: Consider installing rat guards on drainpipes to prevent rodents from climbing up and gaining access to your drainage system.
- Educate Occupants: If you manage a property with tenants, educate them about rat prevention. Encourage them to report any signs of rat activity promptly.
By implementing these preventive measures, property owners can significantly reduce the risk of rat infestations and maintain a safe, clean, and rodent-free environment for years to come.
If you are a property owner, read more about our preventative maintenance tips and services to ensure cost savings for years to come!
Why Choose Rapid Drains
Rapid Drains use the latest technology to unblock your drains and pipes in. We have the latest CCTV cameras to perform surveys and assess problems.
24/7 Call Out Service
OUR TEAMDomestic and Commercial Drain Specialists
Drain Blockages & Cleaning
Any blockage domestic & commercial our team can get it flowing again fast. From toilets to sinks, urinals, showers, baths, maholes, gullies, bad smells, washing machines, dish washers to ground water, rain water to waste water, we can unblock and clean your drains.
CCTV Surveys & Drain Mapping
All of our engineers are equipped with the latest drain surveying technology to provide recorded drainage surveys for blockages, home buyer’s surveys and rat inspections for our clients. We provide drainage pipework mapping with the latest reporting software.
Home Buyer's Drain Survey
If you are buying a property, a pre-purchase drain survey is an essential service. With our state of the art CCTV camera inspection equipment, we can provide you with all the details of your drainage system and alert you of any potential issues prior to sale.
Drain Relining & Patching
Why endure the time, hassle and cost of digging to replace broken pipework? Our engineers can use “No Dig” drain relining technology to provide a stress-free solution. We provide pipe relining & rerounding repairs for pitch fibre, clay and PVC plastic drains.
Rainwater drainage not draining into ground or overflowing in rainfall? We can use CCTV technology to check the condition of your soakaway and provide a range of solutions from root-cutting, high-pressure water jetting, excavation & reinstatement.
Drain Rat Inspection
If you find your property with a rodent infestation in your drainage system, turn to our expert services. Our CCTV service is your first step toward a pest-free environment. Our advanced drain inspection cameras are your allies in identifying entry points.
Bad Drain Smells & Foul Odours
Smelly drains and unpleasant odours in your property can arise from a variety of causes, each of which can lead to foul odours and, in some cases, pose potential health risks. Understanding and finding these common causes is crucial for addressing the issue effectively.
Take pro-active steps to prevent costly repairs or emergency situations. We provide preventative maintenance contracts to ensure your business is covered from blocked drains, hard water scale buildup, fat deposits and grease trap waste disposal.
Common Causes Of Problems Within A Sewer Line
QUALIFIED AND INSURED DRAINAGE COMPANY24/7 EMERGENCY CALL OUT SERVICE0330 333 6199
Do I have rats in my drain?
Common signs include unusual noises in walls or drains, foul odors, rat droppings, or slow drainage. If you suspect an infestation, it’s essential to seek professional inspection.
Are rat infestations dangerous to health?
Yes, rats can carry diseases and pose health risks to humans. It’s crucial to address rat infestations promptly to protect your health.
Can I remove rats from my drains on my own?
While DIY methods are available, professional intervention is often more effective and safer. Rats can be elusive, and it’s essential to address the root causes to prevent recurrence. Removing the infestation may be temporary if you do not know why it is caused.
What if my drains have damage from rat infestations?
If damage is detected, our engineers are equipped to repair drains, fix holes or gaps, and reinforce the system against future infestations.
Drainage specialists covering the South of England.
Suffering from a blocked drain? Call now to speak to one of our service professionals and book a drainage engineer in your area.
Please use our contact details below to get in touch with one of our friendly representatives.